Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Tender Moment

As I was in my room this morning getting ready for the day I had the tv on watching an episode of Oprah from my dvr. She had Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana on again and for some reason, I was interested. Probably because my sweet girls are so enchanted by her.

Miley and her dad, Billy Ray Cyrus, performed a song, "Ready, Set, Don't Go" that just got me. It hit me hard. He wrote it when the family had decided to move to LA for Miley to begin her career as Hannah Montana and how he stayed behind to finish up some business... and how hard it was for him to let go of his little girl. I sat there and cried because I know the day will be here before I know it where my girls are heading off to college and I'll have to let go. And it breaks my heart. I love having them home with me. I love being their mom. And the thought of sending them off into the world as "adults" is a bit sad for me.

Anyway, I added this song to my playlist as the first song to play, so you're hearing it right now if your speakers are on. Listen to the words. It's a sweet song that Daddy and Daughter sing together...

And there's my tender moment for the day.

6 VERY much appreciated comments:

Tim and Lisa said...

Allyssa is very into Hannah too! Infact we watched Oprah the other day also. I think she is one of the best celebs for our girls to look up to. (I even watch and listen to her)

Paula said...

I love that song! It definitely hits you right in the heart and makes you think. Love you!

SusieQ said...

Miley is a bit hit around our house as well!

Julee and Matt said...

Cute...and I am sure the fact you are prego had nothing to do with the tears, right? :)

Sally F said...

I love this song, too! It's funny how much I used to HATE Billy Ray during his Achy Breaky Heart days, but I totally like him now! They seem to really make family a priority, and Miley seems pretty grounded. Hope she stays that way!

rachel said...

Oh my gosh, it was hard to get over his Achy Breaky Heart history. I fought liking "Billy Ray Cyrus" for that fact, but after seeing him with his daughter and the love they have for each other, I am a fan. I am. I admit it. Especially after this song!

And yes, Julee, I am SURE my hormones played a big role in my sentimentality. Ü