Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Fortune Telling?

We played the girls' new game, Apples to Apples tonight. Have you played it before? It's way fun and so easy for the whole family...
One thing I learned from some of the youth at church was taking your green cards when the game is completely over and reading the ones you've won and it tells a bit about yourself. We were totally cracking up when we read ours tonight. Some were dead on! Some not so much... But still so funny.
Here they are:

Morgan:

  • Neat
  • Fearful
  • Chewy
  • Enjoyable
  • Bumpy
  • Round
  • Beautiful

Olivia:

  • Cuddly
  • Messy
  • Ordinary
  • Amazing
  • Trustworthy
  • Daring
  • Harmful
  • Horrible

Martin:

  • Frail
  • Frightening
  • Scary
  • Unhappy
  • Furry
  • Sneaky
  • Simple
  • Talented
  • Playful
  • Hardworking

Rachel:

  • Bold
  • Lazy
  • Cozy
  • Healthy
  • Silent
  • Bright
  • Slimy
  • Famous
  • Practical
  • Quick
  • PERFECT!

Just in case you weren't counting, I had ELEVEN cards and won the game. I'm not competitive or anything. ;)

12 VERY much appreciated comments:

carizolli said...

That is so cute! We've played Apples to Apples, but never with that little spin at the end. How fun :)

Dani said...

How fun! We played the game Balderdash last night with my parents and Jill's family! We laughed so much, it was a blast! It's so fun to do things together as a family :)

Anonymous said...

Apples To Apples is a fun game!! You are more than welcome to crash the party, the more the merrier!!!! I will let you know when we come down!!

Kathy said...

Perfect and bright: YES! Slimy and lazy: not so much. And Martin as frail? I don't think so. This is a fun game.

Renee said...

We love that game. It is so much fun playing with the kids. We will have to try and read the cards when we are done. That is a good idea and yes you are PERFECT!

Anonymous said...

a game isn't worth playing unless you play to win. :)
thanks for the tip on the game.

Margaret said...

That's funny. We will have to try that next time. I'm glad Grandma H (and Grandpa H) gave that to us because it's been a lot of fun.

BURGANS BUNCH said...

We will have to have a game night soon. We got the game "Whoonu" by cranium.It also tells a lot about you as a person.Some of my cards were; blogging, scrapbooking and honey mustard! Too fun! I can't wait to get together when we get back! Miss you!

BURGANS BUNCH said...

P.S. that 8 month pic of my sweet Baby D is to die for! I love her!!! I can't believe she's almost 1! UGH!!! Give her big kisses and tell her I love her!!!

Jeralee said...

hey, as long as it isn't Monopoly...

he he...

I think I have played Apples to Apples once at my parent's house. maybe next birthday or holiday, that would make a good gift.

Lakes are Great said...

Ok so Martin got some pretty scary cards! And I was reading yours thinking slim-y what the heck is that that isn't a word...then it hit me slime-y got it! That's a gross one too

Morgan said...

I was the awesomest!