Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Homeward Bound

Photobucket

After 19 days... (and NIGHTS) of:

  • Putting my kids to bed
  • Shuttling kids to soccer games & practices
  • Doctor's visits
  • FEVERS for all four children
  • Clean house... messy house... clean house... messy house...
  • Emotional eating
  • Early mornings/late nights - VERY late nights!

ALL without my dear husband... the time has come.

MARTIN IS ON HIS WAY HOME!!!

He and his brother, Greg, have been in India trekking through the Himalayas. What an experience they've had. We've received several emails throughout their journey with a few details, but nothing like we'll hear when they get home and show us their pictures and their travel journals and their firsthand account of all they experienced.

All I care about at this point, though, is getting him here safely. After over a week without any contact from Martin, I had a dream... one of those dreams I don't even want to utter to anyone because it was so depressing and scary and unnerving and I hope and pray it never comes to pass. So to have him home safely in our arms is all I ask for.

Here are our dear boys as they left town NINETEEN days ago:

Photobucket

Can you hear me singing?

♪♫ I'm so excited!!!! ♪♫

11 VERY much appreciated comments:

Derrick and Melissa said...

What an amazing oppurtunity for them! I would LOVE to be able to do some traveling like that but I don't think I could EVER go 19 days without my hubby. You are a brave woman! Love ya!

Tim and Lisa said...

How exciting.

Kathy said...

Woohoo! Hang in there! What an adventure they have had.

Julee and Matt said...

I am so glad they went and they are coming back safe! You are amazing...19 days/nights with the four kids alone! Love you!

Radke said...

I can't wait to hear how it all went and see the pictures they took! What an amazing opportunity for them to experience. I can't imagine gonig that long without seeing my husband, especially with him that far away and with 4 kids for so long. You are an amazing mother and wife!

SusieQ said...

I can't even imagine how happy you will be to see him and hold him again after 19 days. Be sure to post a few of his pics when you get a chance.

Laurel said...

i think its super cool you let him do this. we'll expect pictures, of course!

Jeralee said...

Me = jealous of their trip. I would love to do something like that.

Me also = NOT jealous of you doing the single parent thing. I feel for you. That is exhausting mentally and physically. A 44oz. Diet Pepsi from AM/PM can only sustain you so long. ;-)

19 days IS long. I did the Inca Trail a few years ago, and was gone for 10 days and THAT was hard to be away from hubby and kids.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad he is how now. How fun. Your amazing and you made it. we have that exact same car with the same ducks sticker in the back window. How funny.

Jodi said...

19 days? By yourself with 4 kids? You are my hero! Seriously! Jamie goes hunting every year for about 9 days and it is tough. It does help to have Mom come and stay for a little visit, doesn't it.
Glad he is home and I can't wait to hear about his adventure!

Margaret said...

You are right.

Life is good.