Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

FHE Madness!

*Remember to turn off the music at the bottom of the page before viewing videos.*

Every Monday night in our home we have what we call Family Home Evening. Pretty much it's our family night where we play games, have treats, have lessons, plan out the week, discuss any behavior issues that may need to be addressed, etc...etc...

This past Monday night, as we were finishing up dinner, Martin pulled out The Friend magazine to read a story to us. It was the perfect setting... everyone finishing their plates, still moderately quiet with food in our mouths, ears wide open. Well... except for Christian who had another idea.

Have you seen the movie 'I am Legend'?? There are scary figures in this movie that yell, that scream, that scare the pants off of you! I won't go into detail, but if you've seen the movie, you'll know what I'm referring to. Of course my two year old has not seen this movie, but somehow knew how to reenact these scary scenes! As Martin tried to read to us, Christian would break out into this horrific yell. And as he yelled, Martin would keep reading. And so on and so forth. Yelling, reading, yelling, reading. All the while, the girls and I were in tears laughing. Poor poor Daddy trying so hard to read us this sweet story...

The second video sums up our Monday nights. Morgan is a ham. Simply put. If you know and love our Mo, you'll appreciate this video.

From what I've heard from Martin's parents and many friends today, FHE in your homes truly is no different. We just smile and move on and hope the kids get something out of the evening, right??

8 VERY much appreciated comments:

Margaret said...

Sounds like Christian has a pretty captive audience. His laugh reminds me of Mo's laugh! So cute! Parker and Mo are very similar!

Tim and Lisa said...

Yep, goes on in our home too!

Dani said...

Emma happened to hear the first video of Christian and thought it was pretty funny! She laughed!

Anonymous said...

Taylor hear the video from across the room and said "What the?" I just laugh. Our FHE are still like this and our youngest is 7. It only gets better. Remember its just great that you are having it. They will remember these moments, when they are having FHE with their families.

Julee and Matt said...

Good times! I miss that little laugh of his.

Kirsten said...

I sure do love your little man!!! He and "I" are made for each other.

H-less said...

Ok so I love this. Especially the part where someone (is that you) tries to convince your daughter that it is not recording. Nothing like FHE with a 2 yr. old (is he still 2 or 3 now?) I love your Sis. Hinckley quote, one of my fav and the song on your blog. I have never heard it before but find myself singing it somedays. Thanks for the introduction

Sally F said...

I'm with you that somehow, all put together, FHE's make a difference! But sometimes individual nights seem a little more crazy than productive! :)