Morgan had her 3rd grade concert tonight at the school and it brought tears to my eyes. It was a 2nd/3rd grade combined concert, so my guess is she was probably one of the oldest out of 100 kids. (She definitely was the tallest.) But to see her up there so pretty, singing her heart out, was just so touching. The song the children sang that got me the hardest was John Denver's 'Country Roads'. As I watched her up there during that song, it hit me how precious of a soul she is and how I really need to work on my temper with her. For some reason, maybe because she's my "middle child", but for some reason she and I butt heads too frequently, and it makes me sad. She is so very precious and seeing her up there tonight *shining* hit me like a ton of bricks. She is too precious for me to lose my temper with. I will work on that. You readers are now my witnesses to that new goal. We, as mothers, often need to be reminded of the value of our children and how truly wonderful they are. They are gifts and WE are the blessed ones to have THEM. I truly feel blessed to have my Morgan in my world.
On the way home from the concert, it was just the three of us in the car, Morgan, Martin and myself. He and I were praising her and complimenting her on a job well done tonight and telling her she has a gift of song. She has been blessed with a voice of an angel, REALLY! We asked her to sing two of the songs they performed earlier and she did...perfectly. It brought such a sweet spirit into the car. This child, as Randy Jackson on American Idol would say, has perfect pitch!! I want her to sing for the world. I am just so proud of her.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
My Mo
(Aunt Carly... Morgan can't wait to show you her new haircut. She has bangs for the first time in her life!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










11 VERY much appreciated comments:
Morgan's haircut is so cute on her. First time for bangs huh. Does she love it? I need to follow in your footsteps and calm down with my children also.. Way to go Morgan.
I love the hair! She looks so grown up. I love Mo, she is my Beaver Believer, as well as one of the funniest little girls ever. What a true statement that she is such a blessing. I think the kids that we butt heads with are so special. She is truely a little angel in your life.
Yes we need to just relax with our kids ..... What a beautiful daughter...
She's so pretty! :-) Yes, I can testify that sometimes us middle children need a little extra attention. :-)
I have been working with that with Allyssa, to not butt heads with her so much. I just seem to be more calm with my babies. But I too have noticed this in my life and am working on this as well. Thanks for sharing, I cried reading your post, I miss you all so much!
Morgan looks so pretty! Wish we could have seen her sing her little heart out! :-)
Sounds like fun! I can't believe how grown-up she is! Wow!
How Purdy!!!! She looks so grown up in those photos!!!!
and the videos!!!! OH MY GOSH he is FUNNY!!!!!!
Her hair is so cute. I can't believe how dark it is getting.
I know how you feel about having a child that you butt heads with and how you wish you could be better. Yesterday in RS, Muriel talked about Emy's baby maybe just wanting to give Heavenly Father a couple more hugs before she comes down and it made me think. These precious souls are just on loan to us and we need to be the type of parent Heavenly Father would be. Good luck, you can do!!
As I read your blog I thought of when I had the joy of being her teacher. She is a precious soul and I am so thankful I met you all!
Post a Comment