It may be, could be, time to celebrate! Our little guy has had a difficult time entering nursery at church each Sunday, which just doesn't make sense to me. His sisters LOVED it when they were his age. But, for some odd reason, he wants nothing to do with it unless either Mom or Dad are in there with him. If we try to leave, it gets scary. Neither one of us mind being in there with him, truly we don't. But for his sake, it would be nice if he were a bit more comfortable in there (without us) getting to know other tots his size and age.
Well, today, a good friend of mine said, "Let's go to Freddy's and put the kids in the FREE 1 hour play area while we shop." OK! Fun. Well... I had a feeling Christian wouldn't cooperate. I was right. I could tell he thought it looked fun. I could tell he wanted to go in and play with his friends, Kylie and Lillie. But he glued his feet to the floor and wouldn't enter. That's ok. We leave. We wave byebye to the girls and go on our way. We pass by a few minutes later and lo and behold, Christian exclaims, "I go play!!" It took some doing, but he gladly entered (thanks to the sweetest lady working the play area). I enjoyed an hour of shopping with a friend while my son played and played.
I stopped by to pick him up at the end of my hour and what does he say to me?? "NO. I play!" Seriously, that was music to my ears. I think there is now light at the end of this tunnel.
Shopping anyone??
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Fred Meyer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










8 VERY much appreciated comments:
WONDERFUL! Hope it works Sunday!
Well, now I know where to find you... ha ha! I'm happy it worked out for you! It's nice to have a little break every now and then.
Hurry nothing like shopping with no kids.. Rarely see a Fred Myers anymore LOL
I wish stores here did that! I was so excited in Houston to put Ty in IKEA's child center, but they have to be potty trained there, and he wasn't then.
That would be so nice if Christian started liking nursery. It would give you a few months of easy-going church until your next one comes along!
Oh if only every store was smart enough to do a child check in. The only one we have around here is IKEA and like the above commenter said, they have to be potty trained what is the fun in that...those are the ones you want to leave behind, who wants to shop with a crying two year old! By the way, just stumbled upon your site, Corrine nice to meet you.
I'm totally there. I didn't know any Fred Meyers around here had a play area for kids. Is it the one on West 11th? That's worth the drive out there for me.
Yes, SusieQ, West 11th Freddy's. The lady that day was named Kristi and was wonderful with the children!
Oh yea - we love Kristi too :) We don't get over on that side of town very often, but Jenalyn loves it there! I can't wait until Corbin is old enough to go too - don't they have to be 2? He'll be 2 in February!!!
I hope Nursery goes as well for you tomorrow!
Post a Comment