Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

Here You Go Donkey!

I was approached via email this afternoon by my sister on why I hadn't blogged these photos yet. Who knew she even read my blog! Hardy Har!
Olivia had her end of the year 5th grade field trip to the coast that Monday and had invited Carly and Grandma to join her. (I will blog those photos at a later date. I'm so behind...) So Sunday afternoon, my mom and sis rolled into town. Carly, being the most amazing aesthetician EVER, also rolled in her facial table and products and bless her perfect little self, gave me a facial. OH. MY. HECK. Does she have magic fingers or what?!?! If anyone is ever in the Portland area and wants to treat themselves to something special, call my sister and book an appointment. It's well worth every penny you'd spend.
Here are just a small fraction of the photos taken. I have too much pride to post the others. Plus I have too much love for my mama to post the ones of her.
Just picture this: Rachel in Heaven falling asleep and Carly taking the opportunity to turn the camera on Rachel. Nice. THEN picture Grandma Sally holding Delaney so Rachel could get a relaxing facial and Grandma falling asleep herself... and of course, Carly taking the opportunity to again turn the camera on Grandma. Nice.
Thank you my Donkey, for pure bliss! And my brows thank you too!

Carly preparing her table for my "spa day".

The one and only picture of me (that I'm willing to share, at least) during my facial.

Baby Delaney gives Grandma one of her first smiles.

Auntie is smitten!

16 VERY much appreciated comments:

Margaret said...

Oh to have a sister!

Looks like fun!

Fab7 Family said...

You are sooooo lucky to have such a wonderful sister! Sounds like lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

Ah, Heaven! My sister does hair--I think I'll have to talk her into getting an additional license!

Julee and Matt said...

Your sister DOES have magical fingers and MY brows need to see her!! I really want you to e-mail me the other pictures. :)

BURGANS BUNCH said...

I'm so jealous!Carly really is the best!!!Tell her hi for me.Love,Jen

Anonymous said...

Donka! WOW, I feel so special!!!!! :-) You are the best! I need to come down there again soon!!!! I for sure will see you on the 7th!!!! Love you!

Sara said...

Carly gives the best facials EVER. I drove for one from Seattle they are that good!

Julie said...

What heaven!

Tim and Lisa said...

What a great sister and mom to come and visit and treat you like the queen that you are!

Paula said...

One of these days I'm going to have the money to splurge on something like that!!! I'm so jealous of you!

Jeralee said...

I love facials. I have a skin esthetician here locally that I go to every few months for a facial.

It is heaven for sure!

What an awesome sister you have!

Dani said...

You lucky duck! How heavenly! And what a sweet sister :)

About Sunday, I think Mike was almost as confused as you were when he approached the scene! I'm not sure he knew that I got Emma until he saw me in the foyer after passing you guys in the hall! Meanwhile, I was busy chatting while my daughter roamed the halls like a wild woman! Man, she is such a handful these days! Anyway, Mike's reaction was probably one of slight confusion! All he could think of to say was, "I'm her dad!" Lol!

Anonymous said...

that picture of Delany and her grandma is so sweet. What an adorable baby!

Sara said...

I 100% understand how you feel about posting your picture (if it's the same reason as me). It's very hard for me to post pictures of myself on the blog, I absolutely hate the way I look. I know it was for a really good reason that I look the way I do, but, it's still hard.

Jodi said...

Sisters are the best!! To have your sister around and get a facial...even better!

Teresa said...

I have never had a spa day, nor have I ever had a pedicure. I'm hoping to remedy that soon. Looks like you had a wonderfully relaxing time. Good for you, Rachel!