Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What A Blessing






Oh, what a happy day.





We blessed Delaney on Sunday.







A blessing in our church is similar to a dedication or christening in other churches. The baby is held in a circle and given her name (Delaney Katherine H) and a sweet blessing by her father. Martin blessed Delaney with such wonderful things, several of which are:




  • to know how much she is loved by her parents and siblings and the rest of her family


  • to be able to feel the Spirit so she will know what Heavenly Father wants her to know for her to be in tune to Him


  • to challenge herself in learning; to expand her knowledge


  • with a desire to serve; to serve Heavenly Father


  • encouraged her to to the extra mile; to give of her friendship to those around her


  • with the desire to marry; to marry in the House of the Lord to someone who'll be willing to give the Lord the same level of commitment that she'll have


  • with strength through tough times that are before her and to grow strong through every trial

...this and so much more.


A sweet lady in our ward took notes during the blessing and typed them up for us. Bless her heart. Thank you, Eve.


Thank you especially to our wonderful family and friends who took time out of their busy weekend to join us on Delaney's special day, some of you driving 2 hours to get here and then 2 hours back home:




Grandma Sally




Papa (Irene and Zach, we missed you)




Carly




Grandpa Clyde




Grandma and Grandpa H




Uncle Greg, Lowden, Parker, Lauren and Bennett (Margaret, we missed you)




Jennifer, Lonnie, Madison, Ryker, Julianna, Lillie and Kylie Rose




Merilee and Ken





We loved having most of you over afterwards for dinner. I am always up for a party! When are you all coming back??



It was a perfect day for our little angel.



(if for some reason, the slideshow isn't playing... simply press the X in the top right corner to get it started again)




30 VERY much appreciated comments:

Brandi Clark said...

such a beautiful little girl and a gorgeous family. Looks like you are doing a good job. :-)

BURGANS BUNCH said...

I love all those pictures of our beautiful girl!!! Thanx for letting all of us share that special day! I truly love that little bundle! And that pic of "crazy Mo" made me laugh! That's Mo!!! Love 'em all!!!

Tim and Lisa said...

It was a wonderful blessing! Glad we were there to share in your special day! You all looked great. Wish we could have come over to visit, maybe next time.

Kirsten said...

What a great day, what a beautiful blessing and you took some outstanding pictures. Delaney is such a beautiful little girl. Love you!!!

Laura's Linoleum said...

The pictures are lovely! She's so gorgeous. P.S. I like big babies too.

Julie said...

Those are beautiful! It breaks my heart-I should be there! You are a lucky lady.

Radke said...

It was such a wonderful blessing and the photos look gorgeous. Delaney is such a sweet little girl and so lucky to have such a loving and caring family.

Kathy said...

Congratulations. What a beautiful little girl and a beautiful blessing. Can't you just see her little spirit in her eyes? :-)

Margaret said...

I wished I could have been there! ♥ I love that little girl!

LaDawn said...

What a sweet little girl. I love the blessing and her dress. She looks just like an angle.

Renee said...

Oh how I wished I could have been there. You have such a wonderful family. Delaney is to precious for words. Thanks for sharing all of those great pictures. Love you.

Amanda said...

Delaney looks so darling in her white dress! What a special day!

Sally F said...

How neat. I love good family days like that!

Kristin said...

What a cutie!!!

Julee and Matt said...

I am just in love with Delaney! What a wonderful day and memory for you and the family. I just think Eve is so wonderful for writing the blessings out...I cried when she gave them to me, both times!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. That's awesome. I love blessings of little babies. Our aubrie was also blessed this last sunday. What a special time.

Dani said...

What a wonderful day you guys had blessing and celebrating Delaney! She looks so adorable in her pretty white dress!

Jill's baby was blessed the same day :)

Emma and I had to leave the pizza place yesterday because we needed to meet with our new landlords. I didn't think they'd be calling me so soon to meet with them! Emma was very sad to have to leave the ball pit. I felt bad. And I was sad that I didn't get to socialize a little more.

How cute Christian and Emma were holding hands! I wish I had had my camera! Dang, they are so adorable! Aren't we lucky?!

Teresa said...

I'm so sorry we weren't there for the blessing... We were out of town. But I'm so glad that you blogged about your special day. The pictures are so beautiful. What a lovely family you have.

Valerie said...

Oh Rachel, Delaney is such a beauty. How sweet. Loved seeing pictures of her special day.

Kristin - The Goat said...

I posted after you on PW's blog post about canning. LOL Don't be afraid to can, if I can do it anyone can. Start with strawberry jam. You can't get that wrong!

So anyway, I clicked on the link to your blog and saw this precious baby! Oh my. My sister had a baby in April and I had the pleasure of seeing her a month ago. Those little precious bundles. Congrats.

Have a great day!
Kristin

www.ttelroc.blogspot.com

Sara said...

Precious pics of Delaney!! Looked like a very special day for all. I got Mac's suit at Old Navy in Kapolei after the 4th of July. Got it on sale. It is cute, isnt it?

Emy said...

What a wonderful day it was and what a beautiful girl! She is absolutely scrumptious.

Jodi said...

What a beautiful family, beautiful baby, beautiful blessing and a beautiful day! So happy for you and your sweet family :)

Laurie said...

Love the bonnet--and she looks beautiful. I think she may also be concerned that the carseat is wrinkling her pretty dress.

Anonymous said...

what a great looking family on such a special day. Cute, cute, cute.

Elizabeth said...

Aw, she is such a beautiful little blessing. Congrats!

Tara said...

Hi! She is so gorgeous! My favorite is still the hospital photo. Spencer did not break his finger, but he is still hurting.

aunt choody said...

So cute! A beautiful baby. I love the bonnet.

Paula said...

She is so beautiful and I just love the pictures! LOVE YOU!

The Wi Family said...

She's beautiful!!! It's so fun to see how alert and aware they become as they older. We still don't see much of Jenna's eyes, but I know it's only a matter of time until I wish she'd sleep a little more:)