
With twins on the way, Miss Kirsten needed a little bit of lovin from her girlfriends.
And lovin is what she got!
Melissa (our resident domestic goddess) made this amazingly beautiful, knock-em-dead cake to celebrate Kirsten's little peas in a pod arriving soon.
Not only did this cake LOOK good, but it tasted even better.
Melissa, you are one talented woman.
All of this was done by hand out of fondant. Man alive, that took some time.
With some major inspiration from
Amanda (THANK YOU SO MUCH AMANDA!), we put on this fun shower. Seen above are the two peas in a pod pens that Nicole, Lauri and I worked on.



What an awesome turnout Kirsten had to support these babies.
Girl, I am so excited for you and I wish for you a quick and easy labor.
Kindred spirits we are, indeed, my friend, and I love you, too!
12 VERY much appreciated comments:
WOW! She deserves it. How many showers has she thrown? And what a woman to carry those babies. She looks great. The cake is awesome, and great job on the decorations! Wish I could have been there.
Kirsten looks amazing!
Sad I missed the party! You girls throw a wonderful shower.
I am so glad it was wonderful and I love the cake! I wish I could have been there, but I was celebrating for her in spirit. Now tell everyone to stop having babies until we can get closer so I can come to all these fun showers and not have to just mail the gifts.
Wow, are you CREATIVE, or WHAT?? Looks like a fun shower!
What an amazing cake! I wish I lived in your ward...you guys throw some fabulous showers :)
It looks like it was a fun time. Love the cake, and it looks like she got quite the haul! Sorry I missed it as well.
Getting away during the school week when I am single parenting it is a bit difficult. I would have liked to have been there!
Holy smokes - that cake is AMAZING! Everything looked wonderful!
Thank you, thank you my wonderful friend for putting on such an outstanding shower for me and my girls. Love you my wonderful friend.
You guys did a great job! I wish I was there to help out! :( But it looks like it was tons of fun, and lots of creativeness! I love the peas in a pod theme--VERY cute! and can I just let everyone know that those peas in a pod are going to be my beautiful nieces and their wonderful mother is my sister-in-law? :) I'm WAY excited. And the cake is fabulous--melissa is truly amazing.
All I can say is Holy Cow. Yes, indeed the cake is amazing. I also love the invitations, decorations, um.... pretty much everything. You are so creative. Kirsten for sure deserves it though. She is so cute.
Melissa is amazing!!! Was I at the same decorating class? I think I missed something! LOL! How Moly, that was gorgeous!!! Everything looks wonderful! Lucky babies to be loved so much! Lucky Kirsten to be loved so much! Love, Jenn;O)
I wish I was having another baby just so you can throw me an awesome shower like that. YOu are truly an amazing friend to everyone. Love you!
Post a Comment