Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Have a Boyfriend

His name is Christian.
He's turning 3 TODAY!

Photobucket
We celebrated Saturday with pizza, cake, ice cream, family and friends.
Christian had a BLAST!
He loved that it was his day, especially after watching the girls have their turn twice each the week before (actual birthdays and friends parties).
He woke up last Wednesday - Morgan's birthday - and I told him it was her birthday. He said, "No. It's MY birthday. Morgan already had one."
So to celebrate HIM was such a treat for my sweet little boyfriend.


We had a Shouka birthday cake because Christian absolutely loves watching our video footage of Shouka the whale from Six Flags a couple summers ago.
Devils Food Chocolate with Melissa's Buttercream Frosting. YUM!



This was the absolute sweetest: When we sang Happy Birthday to Christian, he sang along... but instead of singing the lyrics, "Happy Birthday to you...", he replaced "you" with "me". Watch his lips. It's the cutest thing. I sure love this little boy. (Can you tell?)


Christian and Tyson cracking up over something very funny.

Since it was his special day, I smiled and took photos of him sticking his finger into the frosting and licking it... repeatedly. After his friends started doing the same (which I thought was dang cute and got a video of) Martin decided it probably wasn't the best idea since we'd be serving the cake to our guests within minutes. Party Pooper!


Aunt Carly and Grandma Sally came down to celebrate, too! We sure loved having you guys here. The party was a PARTY because you were there.


Time for presents. I love how intent Christian and Tyson are.


YAY! A tractor from Grandpa Clyde!

Never seeing this dog before, he opened it up and exclaimed, "MY DOGGY!!" as if his long lost friend had returned. Thank you Kylie Rose and family. He loves his new pal!

Christian and Mr. Bennett - Cute Cousins that could really pass as brothers, if you ask me.



Morgan and Julianna


So Lillie absolutely loves my sister. It is soooo funny how much she loves her. She even coerced Carly into playing "Troll" in the playground. Carly, you made such a lovely Troll.



Paige, Lauren and Liv

The gang!


Aunt Margaret with Baby D


Shouka Cake

20 VERY much appreciated comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTIAN!!!!! I love you so much!!! I had so much fun at your birthday party!!! Yay!!!!! You are a perfect 3 year old!!!! Love love love you!
Carly

Teresa said...

What a handsome little man! He looks like he had an absolute blast at his birthday party. What fun, Rachel!

I'll bet Christian will learn a lot of patience from his sisters over the years. :-)

Kirsten said...

Happy Birthday Christian!!! What great pictures, it looks like it was the perfect day. YEah!!!!

carizolli said...

Those are GREAT pictures, Rachel! He looks so giddy-happy in every single one. ADORABLE!

Renee said...

Happy Birthday little man!

The Big B's said...

Happy Birthday Christian! He is darling Rachel!

mateo said...

delany is so stinkin cute! happy b-day christian!

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday--being 3 is GREAT.

Do you get a rest from birthday parties for a little while now?

Radke said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTIAN!!! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time. I love the pic of him with his new puppy. So much love:)

Tim and Lisa said...

Great pictures. Great fun. Great memories. Way to capture the moments Rachel. Happy Birthday Christian!

Paula said...

He's such a handsome boy!! Happy Birthday Christian!!! xoxoxo!

Bridget said...

Love birthday parties! Happy birthday to your little guy.

Margaret said...

We had a super great time! We sure love Christian!

I love that picture of me and Baby D!!!☺ Except that I look SO old compared to her flawless skin.

Jeralee said...

WOW! You guys are busy with birthdays in a short time period!

Happy Birhday to your little guy.

Kathy said...

What a cute little boyfriend! I was impressed how patient he was that someone was poking his cheek while you all sang "Happy Birthday." He was trying to hard to keep it a special moment. Happy birthday, Christian!

Tonya said...

Your little boy is a cutie! I to noticed the continuous poking on his cheek while he sand happy birthday to himself. So funny! I love that you let him and his friends dig into the frosting. That makes you a cool Mom, but I do have to agree with Martin that it was probably time to stop. Just smooth that frosting over and nobody ever has to know that they were eating little kid spit
germs:0)

Jodi said...

He is the cutest thing!! My goodness...how wonderful to be 3! Happy Birthday to your little man :)

PS...I love baby D's hat! WHERE did you get that? I MUST KNOW ;)

Anonymous said...

What a great party! Will you plan my birthday party and make me a really great cake next year? :)

Valerie said...

What a cute little birthday boy. Looks like a magical day!

aunt choody said...

So cute! I love the cake.