Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Giving Thanks

Carly and Dave so graciously opened their home up this Thanksgiving to us, Mom, Grandma, and Monty (Dave's dad) where we celebrated the holiday together. Carly, your house was absolutely perfect for entertaining and your meal was DELICIOUS!



Grandma Sally and Gigi with my babies



The best part of holidays are the moments of just hanging out - spending time with loved ones.


My pretty baby is now 7 months old and is a continued delight.



Carly's table set so pretty.


Carly is a rock star turkey baster!

For some humorous reason, the universe decided to play a wee little joke on us. After hours of baking and basting and checking and smelling the perfect turkey aroma throughout the house, Carly pulled out her turkey only to see red drippings from the raw turkey dripping out!!! WHAT?!?! The top of the turkey was perfect... but for some odd reason, the bottom was still raw. What's a bit humorous about the whole situation was the fact that this same thing happened to my mom several years ago on Thanksgiving. Twice in one family?? Weird. We ended up eating the turkey that was done (we were very careful) and sticking the remainder of the bird back in the oven for several more hours. It took forever to get it cooked through. Dinner was fabulous despite the minor setback we were thrown!

Martin really was there... just behind the camera.
{Carly, the video I promised isn't uploading... sorry. I'll try again LATER.}

13 VERY much appreciated comments:

Tim and Lisa said...

What fun!

Sally F said...

That's crazy about the turkey! I wonder what caused that.

Emy said...

I LOVE that Delaney. She makes me so happy whenever I see her. Carly did a great job! Does that mean you got off the hook of making Thanksgiving dinner Rach? That would be great!

Kathy said...

Wonderful pictures of your babies and your family. Totally bizarre about the turkey, but it does make an interesting family story to tell! Happy family times are the best!

Radke said...

What a lovely thanksgiving. The turkey looked absolutely perfect, weird that the underside wasn't cooking.
Everyone looks great and Delaney is adorable. Love the head bow:)

Margaret said...

Yay! I've been waiting for pictures.

Totally LOVE Baby D's flower headband!

BURGANS BUNCH said...

Poor Carly!As if the stress of making Thanksgiving dinner for everyone isn't enough... OOOH Baby D you are too adorable! I could gobble you up! I can't believe she's getting closer to 1 every day! Gatcha back!!! LOL! Love, Jenn

Bridget said...

Now I'm craving turkey and stuffing again. Love the headband flower, so cute!

Anonymous said...

That is funny! Jenny's bird was still frozen when she got "done" cooking hers..lol. Don't tell her I said that. YES I WILL BE THERE SOON! Of course I will see you and you precious children. MISS YOU!

ally&leigh said...

That looks like a fun Thanksgiving! Delaney has changed so much since I last saw her, but still as beautiful as ever. :)

Paula said...

D is just SO beautiful!! I'm glad you had such a great Thanksgiving!! LOVE YOU!!!

Julee and Matt said...

How cute! Tell Carly that is what happens when you invite everyone to your house for Thanksgiving...something always goes wrong. :)

Anonymous said...

Delaney is probably the main event at every event--what a cutie! The head band is adorable!