Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Christmas...In a Nutshell

So this Christmas post is only a month late... ok, so maybe a month and a half... but who's counting?
Christmas Eve was spent with Grandma and Grandpa H, Uncle Greg and Aunt Margaret and cousins out at Gma/Gpa's house. We had a yummy dinner and fun activities for the kiddos.

We had the traditional cousins nativity... Morgan as an angel, Olivia as a wise(wo)man, Christian as Joseph, and Delaney as the Baby Jesus. Christian informed me, though, that "I don't wanna be Yoseph! I Christian!"

The kiddos made gingerbread houses out of graham crackers and candies.



Before bed that night, the kids opened one gift each - jammies! This year, the girls received Civil War t-shirts (hmm...wonder who picked those out??) and super soft jammie pants. Olivia is our Duck fan, but Morgan is our rebellious Beaver fan. What to do with this child??
Delaney received the cutest pink gingerbread jammies... but an hour or so after putting them on had a "blowout". Needless to say, she didn't have her Christmas pj's on for pictures Christmas morning.


The stockings were hung...

Delaney's 1st Christmas

Miss Olivia received a new set of scriptures



This was the girls' first year as "big girls" on Christmas morning and we were all quite focused on Christian's reaction to Santa's visit. As you can see from this video, all eyes were on him!

8 VERY much appreciated comments:

Tim and Lisa said...

Wonderful! The girls are so big! I just can't believe it. Makes me sad that we have not seen you guys in so long. We are coming down in 2 weeks, for a couple getaway. Grandma is watching the kids for a night. Maybe we can hook up.

Julee and Matt said...

Oh my heck...he is way to funny in the video. I LOVE that Mo is a Beaver fan...just remind her I love her for that! I am glad to see you are, maybe, back to bloggin!

Kathy said...

LOVE the picture of Delaney! You can tell by her expression that she's already got Christmas figured out.

Teresa said...

I knew there was something special about Morgan...

Love your Christmas post! Better late than never is so true!

Anonymous said...

Even though it was late it was still fun to see your fun christmas pictures.

Paula said...

I'm so glad you posted these!!! Looks like you guys had a fantastic christmas! Miss you and love you!

Radke said...

I love all the pictures. But I especially LOVE the video of Christian. I always love the way little kids react to the Santa thing on Christmas morning.

Morgan said...

my eyes were NOT on bud. My eyes were on the candy I was eating from my stocking!