Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hodge Podge

Why oh why has blogging become so sparce for me lately??

Going through the pictures of the last couple weeks, I decided to do a hodge podge blog post.

The girls and I attended Once Upon a Mattress at Churchill High School to see Emily and Heather perform. They did SUCH a good job! We got there, I turned on my camera only to find no memory card. A sweet young man sitting in front of me heard me and ran out to his car to let me borrow his! Bless his heart. I had never met him before... Thanks Nathan!

Emily The Queen!
Christian has been giving me quite the run for my money lately. Here's what he's been up to.
  • Tormenting his baby sister. He has this thing where he has to bump her, push her, step on her, steam roll her any chance he gets. But on the other hand, he loves her, he tells us how cute she is, he prays for her. I guess it's what a 3 year old does and I just need to have patience and look forward to his 4th birthday!

  • Being a Dennis the Menace. A week ago we were at the church setting up for a function and had our little ones running around and realized we hadn't seen Christian and his little buddy, Henry (also 3 years old), for a few minutes. Long story short - we find them in the women's bathroom - Christian is drenched head to toe with water overflowing from the sink because he has filled it with toilet paper. He had toilet paper wads on the walls and splashes of water even on the ceiling! Not to mention all over the floor... Needless to say, I did more cleaning & mopping that day than setting up for our function.

  • Dashing. The little stinker thinks it's okay to dash and run from us. Last Friday we were at Morgan's school for her Science Fair when neither Martin or myself could find him. Turns out he was halfway down the block (through a field) on his way to a neighborhood church's playground. No wonder I'm turning gray.

  • Being my wonderful son. Overall, he's a good good boy and I couldn't love him more. He's just a typical boy and is testing the waters. I tell him he's my best boy and he responds, "You my best guuhl."

When Carly and I were little we would consider seeing the clock at 11:11 as good luck and we'd have to make a wish. So when Martin turned on a basketball game the other night and I saw this, I HAD to take a picture!! Talk about good luck!! The score was 11-11 with 11 minutes and 11 seconds left in the game with 11 seconds on the shot clock! So cool.




Delaney is crawling, has four teeth, waving, pointing, giving kisses and even standing alongside the furniture. She is a month away from turning ONE and it's killing me. I just had her. She loves loves loves her big brother and has more patience with his antics than I do.

Too cute to not add to this post:

Delaney had one of those diapers that needed an immediate bath, but dinner was ready, so I stuck her in the kitchen sink for a quick wash. Well little Mister decided HE liked that idea, so we squished his big 45 pound 3 year old body in the kitchen sink, too! Crazy monkey.


Last Friday night, Delaney got some special time with Grandma Sally, Auntie Carly and Gigi. Lucky girl.

22 VERY much appreciated comments:

Becky said...

Hang in there girl. I always thought that 3's were the worst for the boys. Don't know why they call it the terrible 2's cuz 2's aren't that bad!

Paula said...

Oh I'm so glad to hear from you!! I miss you so much! I LOVE the pictures though!! Your family is just adorable. Love ya!

~Paula

aunt choody said...

You guys are very busy. Cute kids.

Teresa said...

I know Nathan, and he is a good kid. I'm glad you got your picture! Christian is looking so much older, especially with that new haircut. Henry needs one, too. Say, when are we going to get those boys together again? ;-)

Julee and Matt said...

You are alive! I can't believe that my little baby D is almost 1..that can't be! I think Christian could come down and spend time with the girls and they could all be trouble together! I miss you!

Laurie said...

SOOOO glad to hear your three, nearly four, year old boy is up to the same stuff mine is. Really gives you a run for your money some days.

Loving the pictures. And how is Delaney nearly one? Mine is almost 7 months, and I have no idea where the time went.

Bridget said...

HA! Love the 45 pounder in the kitchen sink! Awesome.

Margaret said...

You know last time I weighed Bennett (it's been a few months), he weighed 48 pounds. I think Christian is going to catch up to him soon. :-) I LOVE the picture of him in the kitchen sink. LOL.

I can't believe little miss D is moving around so much. I want to come steal her from you ok? (I will give her back at night though.) :-)

Oh and....POKE

Sara said...

I enjoy fb but there you can't get great stories like you can hear! I can see in my head exactly where he was running in the field, oh my gosh Rachel...so scary!

Anonymous said...

I bet you guys did have fun at the play. I just love Emily, before I moved we worked together at Albertsons.

Kathy said...

Aw, such sweet stuff. Thanks for being a friend to my Heather. Did you make a wish with all those 11's?

Radke said...

Thanks for the post. I am glad to hear from you. The pictures look great!
I know what you mean about tormenting. K as been doing that to her sister a lot lately too. Especially the walk and bump. I think the little ones tolerate it because they love their bigger siblings so much.

Kristin said...

I can't believe she is almost one, iit goes so fast. Glad to hear other little boys are urning their mamas grey.

Lakes are Great said...

your kids are cute! i'm glad you updated your blog...i get bored when people i rely on don't update their blogs. :)

Anonymous said...

ok so I love the kitchen sink bath!!! Except there is no way Christian is that big...my Sarah is only 42 lbs at 7.

BURGANS BUNCH said...

I love this post! It's nice to see you blogging again! I love that boy! He has the best spirit and such a sweet heart! Not to mention my little D! She has got to stop growing! I'm not ready for her to turn 1!It feels like you just had her for me!!! Love ya! ;o)

Kirsten said...

OKay it cracks me up that you got your camera to snap off a pic at the right second. Did you pause it?? I am laughing with you babe about your little man, I sooooooo understand. Love you.

rachel said...

Yes, Kirsten, I totally paused it and took a zillion pics because taking pics of the tv is WEIRD.
I know you understand about the boy thing... I know!!!

Tonya said...

That little Christian is giving you a run for your money! Just to make you feel better. Today Ivy took all of our food coloring and squeezed every drop of it in the bathtub and all over the carpet by our master bathroom. Yikes!!! But they're so dang cute...

Renee said...

So fun, I need to do a hodge podge post myself. Ever since facebook I just don't get myself to sit down and post or read my blogs as much as I would like. Of course I have been busier lately and sick, but whatever. I still always have had time to read your and I read this the day you posted it, but I am barely coming around to commenting. I know I suck. Love ya though!

The Wi Family said...

I'm so excited to have a boy someday but am enjoying my mellow girly girls:) Love hearing about your little man!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh- the joys of a 3 year old boy :) I had to LOL reading about Christian- I can just picture it now- Jaden at the sink with a roll of TP in it. Too funny. I try to look at it in a positive light- he'll get all his 'mischief' out now, and the really bad stuff he could do later he wont! Ha! Wishful thinking, I'm sure, since I've heard stories from my mom in law about my husband...
hang in there! Bev