My poor Morgan. I remember this feeling. I was convinced my mom loved Carly more than she loved me when we were little. I truly felt that... thankfully I know better now, just as Morgan will know better someday. But for now, I feel bad that she feels this way. I hate thinking of the heartache that must have been going on inside of her when she wrote this for us to discover.
Mo, if you're reading this,
I LOVE YOU
more than you'll ever know.











20 VERY much appreciated comments:
Allyssa feels this way about Autumn. I understand and all we can do is tell them and show them how much we love them too. We love all of our children the same! They will understand it someday.
oh, that broke my heart. I guess I never thought of that growing up but so glad I know kids can feel that way at times. I think she needs a DQ blizzard tonight. :)
I'm so sorry. :(
At least she was able to tell you how she felt and not kept it locked inside.
Aw! That is painful. I hope she realizes soon that you love her just as much. (I found the "have to" interesting. I guess we both missed that part of the parent's handbook.)
We ALL love you Morgan!
sorry you had so much to catch up on - and thank you.
Your poor little Morgan, how come it is so hard for them to understand parenting goes in shifts, it never means you love one more than another just sometimes on requires more one on one attention....poor sweet girl.
Sweet Morgan! I hope she starts feeling better soon...I love you Mo! Never forget you are SO special and loved SO much.
Oh, that breaks my heart! How long before you found this did she write it????? Sweet girl! I love her so much!!!!!!
Your parents love you just the same as the rest of your sisters and brother. we all love our Mo Mo
I was just noticing at church on Sunday what a beautiful girl Morgan is! I'm sorry she feels sad. I can relate to how she feels! I think its hard to be a kid, growing up in this world! I hope she remembers all the great, unique qualities that make her the wonderful girl that I'm sure she is!
Oh man. That takes me back to life with growing up with my sister Avry. There some years that we got a long. When I was in high school, she pretty much hated me because she thought I was the "perfect one." She rebelled to get the attention of my parents. I was being miss goody-goody to get the attention of my mom. We both realized later, as adults that neither strategy worked. We were both begging for attention in our own way.
Charlise often says that I like Moura than her... ugh. And vice versa. It's a lose - lose situation and you just have to work very hard at highlighting their individual identities. Which I am sure that you are doing a fab job of anyway.
You can also explain to her the the oldest child always has a lot of pressure put on them to perform.
Anyway... there is my novel. And if your sweet Morgan is reading. Your rock, Morgan and you are your own unique individual! And, I have no doubt that your parents love you wholly and unconditionally!
Oh, the challenges of parenthood!! At least she communicated her feelings with you. Now you'll know to give her a little extra love and attention. My fear would be that my girls would keep it in and not tell me what was bothering them.
Oh, that is heartbreaking. Its so hard to see your kids sad in that way. If only they knew how much they are really loved by their parents.
Oh how heartbreaking...but you are right sweetie...she will know it's not true when she grows up a little bit more.
Love you all,
Papa
She well learn that it's not true...but it's heartbreaking that she feels like that. :-( Big hugs and love to all of you!!
: ( Poor MO, I understand how she feels too, but I also know that it isn'tt true either. Mo you are such an amazing young women. Rach you are an incredible mom. Love you both.
Dear Morgan,
Having taught both you and your sister and having had conversations and conferences with your parents, always know just how much you both are equally loved. Never has there been two people how love their children as much as your parents love you. Hang in there and I'm proud of you for saying what you feel!
Mrs. Haas
Oh...this is a hard lesson to learn. In fact, it is one I didn't truly 'get' until I had more than one child. Now I know that the love is distributed equally. I hope Morgan is feeling better and that YOU are doing Ok, too. (((HUGS))) to all :)
I can totally relate! Have Morgan give me a call! I'm sure my mom loves Dani more than me! Ha Ha just kidding.
Don't beat yourself up. You are an amazing mom and someday she'll know you love her as much, but maybe differntly than Olivia.
I understand how she feels. I'm a middle child and my older sister always gets to do cool things and my younger sister is spoiled rotten. I don't to do nearly as much stuff and I don't get to go nearly as many places as my older sister. So yeah:(
P.S. This is Olivia's friend Megan
Post a Comment