Meet my new table.
Thanks to my wonderful in laws, this table and two benches are ours and I couldn't be more excited!
I'm going to sand it down and paint it or stain it... not sure which yet.
That's where you come in.
I need your opinions and advice.
Paint it an antique ivory, sand edges and antique with brown stain?
or
Paint glossy beautiful black?
or
Stain charcoal gray?
PLEASE tell me your honest opinions.
Thanks all!












13 VERY much appreciated comments:
i vote black! It would match your house better. :) Love you!
depends on the use. The color isn't as important as the durability of the finish. Once you determine the usage, find a product that will stand up to it. That might narrow it down (by what product is available).
Tittel Tribune, I'm planning on using it daily as our dining table. LOTS of use. What would you recommend as far as product?
if it were me - i'd paint it black and then sand the edges and then use lots of poly to up the durability. BUT if you have already distressed the piece if something were to happen to it it'll just add character :) cute table....I need a bench
We have a glossy black table and it shows alot of wear. The ivory may hide that a little more but I would go with whatever matches your house the best. Can't wait to see the finished product!
I have a wood stained one and it shows a lot of scratches, and markers etc. I would vote black instead of staining and white. I think you'll see more food stains and "Kid Marks" on white and wood stained. YOu could always paint it and have a piece of plexy glass cut to fit the top and won't have to worry about scratches, stains dings etc. My sister did that and it works GREAT!
Black would be so amazing! But I would be worried about wear. Still I think it would be stunning in black.
I vote a stained top with an oil based poly. Do not get the quick drying poly either. The oil based will stand up over time. I have a finished wood table with black legs and the black shows all smudges and fingerprints. I think I would go for gray or white on the legs because I think it will show less grime. I love the look of two tones though. Whatever you choose make sure you put an oil based poly on the top. And never, never, never clean the table with anything but water and mild detergent.
ohhhh... you make it so hard to decide 'cause I always pictured distressed black but your description made antique ivory white and warm tones on edges sound so sunny and inviting and lighten the whole room...hummmm
Wow, that's a beautiful table! I think it all depends on the colors in the room it's going in, but all your ideas sound wonderful. I love dark colors, so I'm partial to black, but the other colors sound wonderful too :) Thanks for visiting our blog and leaving some comment luv!
We have a black table, love it. & our chairs are a honey oak. Very farm house.
We have a black table, love it. & our chairs are a honey oak. Very farm house.
I like white. I want an antique whit table bad. :)
Post a Comment