Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A friend...

So over the past year or so as I've attended my fitness boot camp, I've met some amazing people and have become friends with them, not just on Facebook but in real life.
One friend in particular, Michelle Strasheim, has four darling children one of which has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Michelle has signed up to run in the Run For Sons Race in Seattle this June and I want to spread the word and help her earn money for the cause.
I've seen first hand what a tremendously loving and kind mother she is and I can't imagine getting this diagnosis for one of my children.


Here's a snipit of Michelle's comments:


Hearing that your son has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy is heart wrenching.  Finding out there is no cure or effective treatment for your son is the most difficult thing I have ever had to hear.  I would like to raise money for DMD research. I want to help provide a better life for future boys and their families that will endure the difficult journey brought by DMD.


Hats off to you, Michelle. I think you're pretty dang amazing.


Even a donation of $5 is appreciated. Thank you my friends!

Register for a Run For Our Sons marathon

0 VERY much appreciated comments: