Pages

Friday, January 25, 2008

91 Days to GO???

((((sigh))))

91 days just seem so loooong still before I have this baby. I watch that ticker tick down every day and it just isn't seeming to tick fast enough. I am going to be HUGE again. ((((sigh)))) What else is new, right??

Do men realize the ordeal our bodies (and our minds!) go through being pregnant? I mean heartburn alone lately is enough to scare a man away from ever even thinking of doing this for their wife. Then you've got the exhaustion. And the weight gain and loss and gain and loss and GAIN! Then there's the water retention. And the aches and pains as our ligaments start stretching for what's to come. Or the turning over in bed with this huge watermelon attached to our bellies. Yeah. That's a sight to see. Or the getting up in the middle of the night to pee and not being able to go back to sleep. Did I mention heartburn already? Yep, but it's worth mentioning again. Woke me up at 4:30AM this morning. Thanks a lot heartburn.

Ok. So yeah. There's the physical changes our bodies have to endure with each pregnancy. BUT I have YET to mention the MENTAL & PSYCHOTIC episodes that come with this blessing. Oh boy Oh boy... I am living proof of this one. I won't go into detail, but let's just say something takes over my mind and body and I say things I wouldn't normally say in tones and volumes I am not proud of. Scary stuff, people.

And I have 91 days to go! ha!

Ok, now I just have to say, this post is in NO WAY a complaint. I really hope it's not read that way. I LOVE being pregnant. I LOVE the fact that in a mere 91 days (ahem) I will be holding a precious little slice of heaven in my arms that I love instantly and eternally. It is ALL so worth it, it is. And it can't get here soon enough.

8 VERY much appreciated comments:

Renee said...

Men would rather drop dead before being pregnant. I feel your pain my dear. The light is at the end of the tunnel. Just remember the last three times you gave birth and held those three little pieces of heaven in your arms for the first time. What JOY you felt!!! You are not complaining, you are venting. Which we all do at one time or another. Hang in their my twin.

rachel said...

Thank you my twin!!
And you're right, I'm venting. There's a big difference, right??? ☺

Dani said...

I hear ya! Pregnancy is such an amazing journey but it is sooo hard! I remember the aches, pains, mood swings, crazy body changes, etc. And you're right, at the end it's all worth it but that doesn't change the fact that it's hard! I'm here anytime you need to vent! Hang in there!

Tim and Lisa said...

I think everything that you mentioned is so true. Does Martin say that he would carry the children if he could? Tim does . . . but do they mean it?

Julee and Matt said...

There is a reason that women have babies! Just think...only 91 days, that will fly by! And then how fun to have a little girl in the house and C to be a big brother! I miss you and wish I was there to visit with you. Hugs from me!

Paula said...

This post is just one of the many reasons I love you!! Seriously, Josh gets frustrated because sometimes I just mentally lose it, and poor Ryan, I'm going to scare him into NEVER doing anything bad for fear of me SNAPPING! Which might not be a bad thing! 91 days and then you will get to hold your baby!!! WOOHOO!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! Somehow you post made me want another child (even though I really believe we are done)... I just want labor again.. I am so crazy but this last time I reall mastered natural child birth and what a "high" it was.... feel like I can do anything if I could go through labor and child birth in total control... okay I`ll stop... Anyways girl I totally love you blog... I must be totally addicted to your blog.

Heidi said...

Oh, I looked a few days ago and a ticker I have said "111"....I thought, "holy cow that's a long time!" I totally relate to all of what you said. I think we need to get together as "The Belly"s and vent.