Earlier Sunday evening our family received a phone call from Grandma H. letting us know that Gordon B. Hinckley, Prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, had passed away. My initial reaction was sadness, but surprisingly quickly it changed into a peaceful happiness for him. He lost his dear companion several years ago and I knew immediately they were reunited. How could I be sad??
What a dear and precious man President Hinckley was/is. He will always hold a special place in our family's hearts.
I found several photos of him and compiled them into a collage showing his sweet smile, his (what I always thought) teddy-bear likeness. So huggable and loveable.
He was such a strong force within our church, so strong and valiant, yet had such a humor to him. We will certainly miss his leadership and guidance.
Eternal Companions - Marjorie and Gordon B. Hinckley











8 VERY much appreciated comments:
Thank you for those pictures. He was truly a wonderful man, who served to willingly and in a loving manner.
Oh so true... Korey & I stayed up late talking of the same thing...L
I love the pictures. So sweet. It's still really strange and at the same time feels so "right". Love you.
He is SO happy to be home with his sweet wife. What a great man and we are so lucky to be here while her was the prophet. Love ya!
When I first heard I was sad, too. He was our leader for a long time. But then I thought about how he was with his wife and that made me feel better.
I love your collage. You picked some great pictures!
These two pictures side by side just stir in me such grateful and happy feelings. I want to be like them. I want to have that kind of light and fire for the gospel, enough to serve so selflessly as they have. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and these precious pictures. Side by side forever
I just knew you'd have a post of our dear Prophet. Thank you for finding such perfect pictures of him and his sweet wife.
Post a Comment