Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Poor Girl's a Mess!

Poor Morgan.

She has missed 5 days of school this past week down with a virus of some sort. I took her in to the doctor last Monday and they ruled out strep, thankfully, but still. She's been SICK! As we were hoping to see the light at the end of the sickie tunnel for her, she wakes up this morning with an itchy rash on the left side of her face coming from her ear. Over the last two days or so, the top of her ear (cartilege) has been so very tender and developed some sort of sores only to progress to this rash.

Of course, off to the doctor we go again today. He throws out the idea of it possibly being a form of excema (she's never had excema), allergic reaction (she's never had an allergic reaction to anything), or strep! Strep?? Interesting. They did a culture for it to be tested, but in the meantime, she's being given a topical prescription, bactroban. Let's hope it helps. Poor thing is miserable.

11 VERY much appreciated comments:

Grama said...

Dear sweet Morgan,
I didn't know you were so sick. I was too at this time last year. I know how you feel! I am praying mightily for you and can't wait for more of your healing hugs. I love you MOMO. Sweet dreams...grma lu

Margaret said...

Poor Mo! Hope she feels better soon! The hardest part when they are sick is not knowing how to help them. I hope you get some answers soon.

Parker's been sick off and on this week too! And his ear was hurting the other day too....hmmm. Strep in the ear? Is that what the doctor was saying was possible? Keep me posted. I'm really curious. Thanks! :-)

Tim and Lisa said...

Hope she feels better soon!

The deVilleneuves said...

I hope she feels better. I'm no expert, but it looks like the (50 or so)cases of poison oak we've had around here. Of course, that wouldn't make her sick, but the rash looks like contact dermatitus. I'd be very curious what it turns out to be. I hope she feels better quick. Best wishes!

rachel said...

Ha. Since she's been cooped up in the home for 8 days straight, I highly doubt it's poison oak. Too bad, though. That would explain something. :(
I'm hoping to hear more Monday when they get results back from her culture. I'll keep everyone posted. It's a mystery to me.

Anonymous said...

my nephew has had something similar several times. i've been trying to find the medical term for it, but can't dangit. but it is a virus that can be treated. i'll keep looking.

Anonymous said...

mastoiditis.

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor Mo. I hope she feels better fast. She is probable sick of being sick. Poor girl. I hope you find out what it is today. We love you, feel better.

Paula said...

Poor girl!! Jess came home from California and she had a similar rash on her ear! I showed her this picture, so if you find out that it's something other than just a rash, let me know! Love ya!

Julee and Matt said...

Hope she is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

How is she today? Did you get any more information? Hope she's feeling better SOON!