Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Valentine Update

Where does the time go?? Valentines Day was a week ago?
Well, here is a brief update of our special day.
First of all, let me start by saying I am soooo lucky to have the husband I do. I really truly am. In many marriages, the wife is the creative one, the one decorating for holidays and such. But in this home, it's my dear husband. See the photo of our kitchen table? All him! He's amazing and makes the day so fun for the kids and me.
I made the "Meal of Love" as found on a fellow blogger's blog (ventured to from Margaret's blog at one point, and well worth it!). This meal was I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E! Can you say "YUM??" We wanted to swim in it, it was that good. If you ever get the itch to make it, I highly recommend it. If you're a garlic lover, this is for you. If you're a steak lover, this is for you. If you're both, THIS IS FOR YOU!! I can still smell the garlic roasting....
It was a great day full of love.

11 VERY much appreciated comments:

Paula said...

You are so spoiled!! I love it!!! Way to go Martin!

Margaret said...

WOW!

Margaret said...

I should have come to your house on Valentine's Day!!! Did you make the chocolate pie too? I am dreaming of that!

Kirsten said...

Yummy, what a wonderful Hubby!!! And what a wonderful wife to make such a yummy dinner.

SusieQ said...

Don't you just LOVE pioneer woman? I read her all the time. She cracks me up. I made that chocolate pie from her blog and let me tell you...it was awesome. I didn't have the mixer, so I just used regular beaters and I didn't beat it for 20 minutes. And it turned out delicious anyway.

Dani said...

The "meal of love" sounds scrumptious! I think it's neat that you and your hubby go all out for Valentines day!

Amanda said...

Fabulous! Looks like so much fun - and I think I'll have to track down the chocolate cake recipe.

Anonymous said...

For all of you who are looking at that dinner my Sis made on Valentine's Day, I tried it two days later.....Let me tell you, I am still almost a week later still thinking of those mashed potatoes!!!!!!!!!!!! SO GOOD! SO SO SO GOOD! I also had the pleasure of riding in the Valentine's Day automobile! So special!!!!! Although I think I found a pink heart attached to my pants when I got home last Monday night!!! I'll cherish it forever! :-)

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Martin! You are a lucky girl Rachel. That dinner looks so yummy! I love steak and garlic.

LeaAnne said...

HOW funny, I made the Meal of love too!! SEE, we were ment to be friends! ;) What a fun boy you have!