Pages

Friday, March 14, 2008

Call from Cousin Danny

My nephew, Danny, who lives in Texas, called today to talk to Olivia. He is so sweet and LOVES talking on the phone. Sadly, we're never here when he calls, so we'll often come home to a message saying, "Hi. This is Danny. Looks like you can't come to the phone right now. Bye." Verbatim. Every time. It always brings a smile to our faces.

Well, today, we were home. I handed the phone to Olivia (who really isn't a phone person) and she and Danny began their chat. Or should I say, Danny began his chat. ;)

He started singing to her sharing one of his favorite songs and I just had to grab the camera! He is too dang cute!

They ended up being on the phone for over an HOUR! When Olivia pointed this out to him, his response was, "Oh. Grandma and I have been on for way longer than that before!" LOL

We love you, Danny Boy!

(remember to turn off music at the bottom of the page before viewing video)

9 VERY much appreciated comments:

Tim and Lisa said...

Very funny, how old is Danny? Just wondering if he was younger he did a wonderful job, if he is the girls age that makes it even funnier!

Renee said...

I love Liv's response, "Cool." She doesn't like the phone huh? Either does Jessica, is it that they have the same birthday? Good job Danny!

Margaret said...

Hilarious! We are always gone when Danny calls too. Too bad we missed out!!! Did he say that song was from Linkin Park?

rachel said...

Lisa, the great thing about it is yes, he is OLDER! He is almost 12. Isn't that cute?? He and Liv are 5 months apart to the day.

Maggie, yep. Linkin Park is what he said. Cool.

Kristin said...

We do share a great nephew don't we!!! I love that you recorded him, so sweet, but he is going to hate this in a couple of years.

rachel said...

Kristin,
He definitely will hate this in a couple years... IF he finds out! ;)
I won't tell if you won't.

Laurie said...

I love that he's singing Linkin Park! Uncle Dan would be proud!

Valerie said...

Very cool. Danny is so like Steve in so many ways!

Paula said...

That is SO cute!!! :-)
I LOVE listening to Ryan talk on the phone to his cousins...it just cracks me up!