I am finally going to begin reading the highly obsessed book series of Stephenie Meyer's, Twilight! I have been waiting until I can really truly take the time and enjoy them and soak them up. We leave in a few days and I won't be touching these books until I do. There's nothing like a good book or two (or three...) when I go on vacation. On one of our cruises a couple years ago, I think I read 4 or 5 books that week. It was heavenly!
So for all of you Twilight Obsessed Crazies out there who've been encouraging me to read these, here we go. The ride is about to begin.
(I may not want to make all those necessary pit stops during our 10-12 hour car ride once I get my nose into these, will I??)











16 VERY much appreciated comments:
You better love those books! They are great! :-) I can't wait to talk to you about them! :-) Love ya!
I am excited for you to get the time to read! I LOVE it when I really get into a book:) Yay for reading!
Wonderful! I just started the 3rd one. When I was done with the New Moon I had to wait a week to get the 3rd, I went into withdrawls. I love them! Took me awhile to read them too, but now I can't stop!
Yeah! Keep me posted!
It's nice to know that for the moment I am not the only person who hasn't read them. Let me know if it's worth reading.
I adored Twilight! So addicting! I read it in 4 days. I liked New Moon, but not as much as Twighlight( isn't that funny how I spelled twilight!? Ha!Ha!) for sure. I'm in the middle of Eclipse and so far it is really good. Let me know what you think:0)
By the way, your birthday songs were so funny! You have such a cute family. Happy Birthday to Martin:0)
Let me know what you think about those books. Jessica loved them. I don't have much time to read at all. Since we like most of the same things, I will wait to see what you think. Have a great VACATION!!!!!
Geez, I'm impressed that you lasted this long under the relentless pressure of Margaret (i love you margaret!). Well I hope you love them and join in on the fun with us!
Not only will you not want to make pit stops, you won't want to eat...talk to your childre...etc etc. have fun!
Jules
Here's my little secret: I don't really like the books. I read the first two, and while they kept my attention for the most part, I found them a little disturbing. I don't think their relationship is very healthy, and I don't necessarily believe that "true love" should excuse the on/off way (along w/the dishonesty in book 2)in which he treats her.
Sorry to be the lone dissenter!
Well, I just read the first one and had a hard time putting it down. I didn't read the back of the book before I started to read so I had no idea what the book was about. It was very intriguing! I just bought the 2nd book. I don't want to say too much because I don't want to influence you at all. Read them and form your own opinion. I'd love to talk about it someday! We should have a book group or something!
Well Dani, you picked the PERFECT month to move into our ward. We do have a book club and this month's book is.....
TWILIGHT!!!
I think the date is April 15 here at my house. I'm sure they'll be announcing it over the next couple weeks.
Come!
Awesome! I look forward to it! Thanks for the info Rachel!! Have fun on your trip!!
never heard of these. Can't wait to hear more about them. I'm always up for a new series.
A Twilight book club at your house? i wanna come! I already had one but with middle schoolers! I gotta give you one heads up though. Try not to think of them as teenagers and their relationship is much more believable. I have been checking the movie website for casting info every week! Hurry up so I can talk about it with yoU!
xo Jules
Post a Comment