(4 Generations of First Born)
We named Delaney Katherine after my Grandma, Dorothy Katherine. It has meant so much to her! She has called me several times since giving birth and asking me, "How's my namesake?" It is just so special.
Being two hours away, though, has made it impossible for Gigi (Great Grandma) to meet Delaney. Sitting in the car that long is just too hard on her.
So Saturday, I took Olivia, Christian and the baby up to meet her. It was the BEST! She said it was the best Mother's Day present I could've given her.
As we arrived at Gram's facility, we walked in to find her waiting for us in the lobby. Before we could get on the elevator to head up to her room, she showed Delaney off to two ladies. Then getting off the elevator on the way down to her room, we knocked on one of Gigi's friend's doors to introduce her. Gram was just SO proud of this little namesake. She was as giddy as a little school girl. It brings tears to my eyes thinking about how happy she was that day.
I dressed Delaney in the beautiful dress Gigi had sent down so she could see her in it. It was a wonderful day for our girl full of meeting new faces. (She got to meet her Great Auntie Linda, Cousins Georgia and Oliver, Grandpa Clyde and lots of Gigi's friends.) The proud Great Grandma
Grandpa Clyde
Great Auntie Linda
Georgia
Oliver
Grandma Sally










15 VERY much appreciated comments:
How special for Delaney to be named after her Great Grandma. All of my kids are neamed after someone special. Jessica is named after her grandma. Jessica Ann U. I was not able to see the video though. I hope it will work later, because I can bet it is to precious. I hope you had a great mothers day. It sounds like your Gigi did.
How wonderful. I can't imagine how this makes you feel, but I started to cry!
What sweet pictures of your Grandma and Delaney!
It's it wonderful...Macee is named after her great-grandma and grandpa, and every time I talk to my grandma she says the same, "How's my namesake?" It's so important to remember those who are special in our lifes and Delaney will be able to always remember her great-grandma!
What a sweet story. I'm so glad that you were able to make that trip. What special photos and special memories. And Delaney is so cute! Especially loved the photos with her adoring great grandmother.
OH! Those pics are so sweet! How special for Great Grandma!! LOVE YOU!
Oh Rae! How sweet! She is so cute! Your family is so great. I can't believe how big Georgia nd Oliver are. And Delaney actually looks tiny with Clyde holding her! haha LOVE YOU!!
I wish my grandma was around to celebrate her namesake's birthday, but I'm sure she met Hilieta (Tongan for Hilda) before she was born. What a wonderful story... and some GREAT pics!
SO sweet! It really makes them have that connection with the past generation! We named our kids that way too.
How neat to have pictures and video of your baby with her great grandma.
And look how great you look after only 3 1/2 weeks!!
Crying again over your sweet grandma. (I think it also has something to do with the Baby Mine in the background. Could you put some AC/DC on, or something?)
So sweet! Great Grandma really does look so proud of her "little namesake". I actually got a little teary watching the video. That will be a treasure for your family forever. What a lucky little Delaney to have so many people who love and adore her. AWWWWWW:0)
WooHoo I was able to see the video. Your grandma sure does look so proud. You look great!!!!
This post brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet "namesake"! I think the tradition of using family names is very cool :)
That's so wonderful that you did that. I can't wait for my grandma to see Zoe again and meet Lily. It's so important for family to actually meet, even just once! I got teary too =)
Post a Comment