Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Heart Update

We're on our way to Delaney's appointment with the pediatric cardiologist this morning. I am anticipating only the best. My worries have subsided for the most part after researching a bit more on ASDs. They're not that serious, thankfully! That initial phone call scared the tar out of me, though, a week ago or so. But after researching and speaking with our pediatrician, I calmed down. There is still always a bit of a worry in the back of my mind, and until today's appointment is over, that worry stays.

Delaney is doing wonderfully! She's now 3 1/2 weeks old and is just the sweetest baby. I have to brag. She slept solid from 12:30am to 7:30am last night!!!!!! And guess what that means?!?! MOMMY slept solid, too!! Nothing like a good night's sleep, right??

Her weight still isn't up to her birth weight, which the doctors like to see by 2 weeks. We go in again Thursday for a weight check. As a friend told me yesterday, though, it's not like she's starving to death! She's got a bit of reserves. :)

Christian is doing great with her. He is so soft and loving and my nerves are calming down a bit. I've had so much help from Martin in the mornings making everything run a bit smoother.

The first time Christian saw me nursing Delaney, he had a puzzled look on his face and said, "He eating Mommy!!" ("He" being Delaney) THEN ever since, he pulls up his shirt and wants to feed Delaney himself. His heart is in the right place... and it just cracks us up!

The girls continue to be the best big sisters ever helping where needed - mainly with Christian. They love their new baby sister so very much. We are all so blessed.

12 VERY much appreciated comments:

Renee said...

Good luck and keep us updated on little baby Delaney.

Kirsten said...

dido on the good luck, what a sweet little babe you have. "P" did the same thing that Chridtian did, only he grabbed a doll :) I love how he thought she was eating you, what a cutie he is. Love you!!!

Margaret said...

Yes thanks for the update and we'll be praying for even more reassuring news!

So cute about Christian!

Paula said...

I'm glad the the kids are all adjusting so well and being so helpful! I'm also really glad that your nerves are calmed a little. When Ryan says his prayers he always prays for Baby Delaney, it's so cute!
I LOVE when little kids first realize nursing...it's always SO funny!! LOVE YOU!

Laura's Linoleum said...

I hate being scared by doctors. I hope all is well. She's lovely.

Jessi said...

This is the first time in forever I've been able to leave a comment because my computer has been screwy and sends me to a weird robot page every time I click on your website.

Anyway...I wanted to let you know that I think your baby is gorgeous and that I hope all goes well at the doctor. And I love her name. And I think you are cool. :)

Julee and Matt said...

I hope things go well today. Christan is too cute...and I knew the girls were going to be wonderful big sisters, again. :)

Jodi said...

I hope things went well for you at the doctors today. I've been thinking of you and hoping all is well.
7 hours of sleep??? What a blessing :)

D-dawg said...

Your little Delaney is so cute. Good luck with her appointment, I hope it goes well. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I love to hear about people who have those big spaces in between kids but do end up with more babies eventually!

Jenn said...

I am SO very glad I am not the only one who gets worked up over TV.

Hope all went well at Delaney's dr. apt yesterday!!

Laurie said...

Good luck at your appointment. Our thoughts our with you and Delaney.

Laurel said...

you know we're all anxious to hear about the appt....love the little bit about Christian. TOO CUTE!