Pages

Friday, June 6, 2008

Jed and Amanda


We're trying to coordinate and collect some funds to help out our dear friends,
Jed and Amanda.


They have funeral costs to cover for their son Porter Lane who was stillborn just days ago.

If there is any money left over, we'd all like to help send them somewhere fun.


You can make checks out to myself or Emy, or get me cash and we'll put together a lump sum that we can give to the family with a card signed by everyone. (For your convenience, Emy and Ben have set up a PayPal account to make it easier to donate if you prefer to use a debit or credit card. A link to this account is available on my sidebar.)


Our love and prayers go out to Jed and Amanda and their families as they deal with this loss.

9 VERY much appreciated comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel,

I dropped in to make a donation... my heart breaks for this family. I tried calling Chris last night but their mailbox was full... so at a loss for words...

Love from Judy Rowberry

Julee and Matt said...

Rachel,

What happened? Since we aren't in the ward, we don't always hear the lastest news. Please e-mail me and let me know. I donated on-line and please let me know if there is more money needed.
Love ya!

Paula said...

I was just SICK when I heard this. :-( It really breaks my heart for them. Please tell them we love them so much!!!

Tonya said...

My heart is broken for Jed and Amanda. I don't know them at all, but I cannot imagine the pain and sadness they must be feeling. I LOVE that their friends are setting up a fund to send them away somewhere fun. Good friends are a comfort and blessing. Thanks for posting this so we could help spread the love to this sweet couple.

Julie said...

I have no words. This is horrible. I don't know them but all my thoughts and prayers are out to them and their families. I am happy they have a friend like you Rae.

Valerie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss your friends are going through. Let them know they have many people thinking about them and praying for them. I'm also glad that your little family is doing better, health wise. That's crazy!

Margaret said...

I was very sad to hear this. My prayers go out to them.

Jessica said...

Kay, yours is real. I came over here to reply to your comment and then read this sad thing. Obviously, they are in need of some true do-gooders!

(That post was prematurely published...go back and read it for further clarification!)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. Rachel please pass on my love. I hope them all the best in this time of ache.