Aunt Melanie, Uncle Steve and the kiddos, Danny, Jadi, Natalie and Carson visited us for a good solid fun three weeks this summer. This post is so long overdue, but had to be done because so many fun memories were made. We sure love you guys and hope 3 years don't pass before we see you again.

Danny - 12 years old. How did that happen??
Danny loved trying to make Delaney laugh. He was pretty good at it!
Little Miss Natalie - age 5.
She loved loved loved Delaney.
If she could've, she would've taken her onto the airplane back home with her.
We did alot of this at Grandma and Grandpa's home - roasting hotdogs over the firepit.
Of course s'mores were quick to follow!

The Bobbsey Twins - Jadi and Morgan both age 9. (6 weeks apart)
These two became SO close and are now BFF's, pen pals (via email) and miss each other SO much.
I had a hard time telling them apart from behind - same height, same hair length and color, same body build... it was crazy.
Such good friends they became.
Auntie Melanie loved snuggling with Baby D.
More BFF pics...
We even bought matching Hannah Montana shirts for these two as a goodbye gift for Jadi.

Here we see the girls shedding their tears and plotting on how to keep Jadi from leaving...
They're literally going to kill me if they see this on my blog. Sh! Don't tell!!
What a great summer we had with the Davis clan. I think my girls saw their Texan cousins almost every single day they were in town, whether they spent the night out there, Danny and Jadi and Natalie spent the night here, they played on the slip and slide, boating on the lake, whatever. Every day was spent with them. How special to form such strong bonds with cousins and make memories that will surely last a lifetime.
18 VERY much appreciated comments:
Ok call me crazy but this made me cry. I feel your pain Liv and Mo. I miss my family and good friends so much. When you have a great friend you always, ALWAYS hate to see her go. Love you Rach.
I cried too! Your girls are so like mine. Tears and all. I love that they made new BFF's, so important. What great fun had by all. I love Christian's face as he covers his ears. When Allyssa starts singing Hannah Montana in our house Alex covers his ears and walks around. It is so cute.
That is hilarious. What a cute memory though. You really caught there emotion on film, I am so impressed.
That is so neat that they are so close.
I really wish there was a superpower that allowed family members to transport themselves to see each other. So sad when family lives away.
Where in Texas does Melanie live? Anywhere near us?
Oh man...they are going to bust you for this post. Too funny though. I'm glad you shared it. It was super fun to see them this summer.
Awwww...that was so sweet and sad! It made me laugh but brought tears to my eyes too!! It's so fun how close they got!! Love ya!
Aw!! So sweet! So sad! I remember those child-like emotions, before learning to be stoic and hold it all in. Precious.
I must confess, I laughed out loud this morning while looking at the photos of your sad, sad girls and the boys' reactions! (Now I'm feeling insensitive, because I didn't feel their pain and cry, too.) And I agree with what Meg said. You're busted!
It is difficult to say good bye to loved ones. You already know that in my perfect world everyone would be within easy visiting distance. Not having it that easy does make us appreciate even more when we can have those special times together.
I can't believe how big their kids are! Anyway...laugh out loud funny to watch and Danny's face was priceless. I am SO glad they came and got to visit for a while and great memories were made. Love ya!
I am laughing my butt off! Rae you and I used to be exactly like that when we said goodbye at the end of a school year to people we hardly knew! haha i love that post. There is one side view of Liv crying that is so you! And the picture of Christian is PRICELESS!
Love you
That picture of Morgan is the funniest picture I have ever seen! Oh my gosh I love it!
First, I need my girls to have relationships with their cousins. This post really reminded me of that.
Second, I want a yard big enough for a fire pit, and cousins roasting marshmallows around it.
Third, the crying pictures remind me of testimony meeting at Girls Camp.
Jessie,
It reminds me alot of one of you after falling in the water on your hike. Ha Ha!!
I love Danny's face in the background. So much like his Dad!!
And obviously Jadi had much more fun with her girl cousins than she did with the boys here--there were no tears shed here!
This it priceless! I can relate to this post so much because my daughter is the same about her cousins! One night when we were over visiting I told my daughter how sad it made me feel that whenever we are around her cousins she ignores me and acts like she doesn't want me around. She said back to me "Mom, I just love my cousins soooo much and I have soooo much fun with them, and we just play so well together and have soooo much fun together, that I just forget about you! I'm so sorry Mom, but I just love them soooo much and have soooo much fun with them, and I never get to see them!" She made me laugh. I guess I can cut her some slack.
Danny's face is so like his Dad's trust me, I don't know how many family pictures we have with that look on Steve's face, way to many to count. So happy you had a great time together.
Those pictures were great! Oh, those Davis kiddos, it was great to see them with their cousins. I want to come and have smores with you guys too :) And I love Jadi and Morgan's friendship, how sweet. Danny's face just about kills me too. Definitely a little Steve that's for sure.
Poor things! But that is very funny. I can't believe how fast your kids are growing!
Post a Comment