It was SO good to see my gram. I hated the thought of being up in Portland and not getting a chance to see her.
This was the saddest thing. All weekend long, Delaney was fine and dandy to hang out with strangers and let them hold her. NO problem whatsoever. But for some reason at dinner, she would break into tears when she'd look up at Grandma Sally. We figured out it was because this woman holding her looked so much like Mommy but wasn't, it must've freaked her out. Poor little baby!
Me and my Gram. I love her so much.

As we were saying our goodbyes, Merilee hugged my grandma and told her that Rachel talked about her all the time and loved her so much. My grandma's response:
This was the saddest thing. All weekend long, Delaney was fine and dandy to hang out with strangers and let them hold her. NO problem whatsoever. But for some reason at dinner, she would break into tears when she'd look up at Grandma Sally. We figured out it was because this woman holding her looked so much like Mommy but wasn't, it must've freaked her out. Poor little baby!"You told me that the last time I saw you."
LOL










6 VERY much appreciated comments:
Those have to been the most precious pictures of you with your grandma that you will cherish forever.
Your grandma is as funny as ever! Love what she said to Merilee.
Poor Baby D! How fun to go to dinner with Gram and your mom. I want to go next time!!
Those are great pictures. I love seeing photos of my kids with their great grandma. How many kids can say they have one of those??
Rachel, thanks for mentioning how Delaney cried with your mom. Warren's dad comes over fairly regularly and usually makes Sis laugh. Well lately she cries like crazy when she looks at him. Luckily he has good humore with it but I'm mortified by it. Glad to know she's not the only one.
um, stop it. you were in Portland at the event and I DID NOT SEE YOU? how is that possible? kicking myself...I am kicking myself.
Glad you had a great experience.
xoxo
Post a Comment