What ever happened to the old fashioned way of giving Valentines: Going to the supermarket, grabbing a box of the latest and greatest cartoon character's cheap paper Valentines (and if you're lucky, one super-sized Valentine included for your teacher!)??
This year, Morgan chose these CUTE iLoves to give to her classmates - pink for the girls and blue for the boys... and one happy purple one for her BFF Haley. Olivia even jumped on the bandwagon and made some for her girlfriends.
I love creative people who not only come up with this stuff, but share their wonderful ideas with the rest of us.
(iLove idea found on FamilyFun.com - link here.)












21 VERY much appreciated comments:
What a cute, cute idea!
I know, Valentines day has been blown up. Moura lamented to me that she was going to be the only person not giving candy with her's this year. I reminded her that she did them all by hand, cutting pasting.
With Charlise, we just took bits from cheap valentines from the previous years and wrote names on them. It was a montage of Rugrats, Tweety Brid, Maya and Miguel, Dora the Explorer and some Incredibles. The Rugrats cards had been in there for YEARS. LOL
That is way to cute!
Super cute!
You did great!! Ryan wanted Transformers, so I got off EASY this year!! :-) xoxo!
How cute!! I wonder what kind of pressure we'll be under when Christian and Emma are in school if it's this big now!
That is too cute! I love it!
Very cute idea; but I'm secretly glad my boys are too young to try it yet.
We found that cute idea in Family Fun magazine, too. My girls made 64 of them! They turned out totally cute, but took a LOT LOT longer than I had ever imagined!
I love the earphones! Such a creative idea.
SUSAN! 64 of them?!?!?! Holy cow, lady. That would've sent me to the looney bin for sure. I thought 30+ was horrid. Good on ya! :)
Wow. I'm SO IMPRESSED! What creative kids you have!
I would totally do the cheap stuff but this idea is way cuter and more current with the times. What will be funny is in 15 years when you're kids say "remember when ipods were so cool" because they'll be so outdated by then with something new....sigh good memories!
Those are so cute! I kid you not, one girl in my class was describing these to me last night! That's a coinky dink! Happy V Day to you all! love Jenn
Wow, really - kids don't know plain ol' valentine cards anymore?? Those Ipod candy boxes are a cute idea, though!
I LOVE those!! Olivia gave me one at school and they are AMAZING! I'm actually scared to eat it.:)
Deborah
I was going to do those too!!! But...........after the mini mailboxes, Hershey tents, and peppermint sandwiches I had to say "ENOUGH". Those are so good!! You did a great job!
Tara
I would have done those for my kids if I would have known. Those are so cute!!!
Can we do that again? It was tottaly fun!
Those are so cute! I saw them on another friend's blog too. THey must be the cool thing this year. Very creative.
I am super impressed! So fun
too funny we made the same thing for McKayla and Natasha's class....hey great minds think alike....
Post a Comment