Pages

Friday, July 3, 2009

Flashback Friday #2

Somehow... something prompted me to look up Milli Vanilli's song "Blame It On the Rain" over on playlist.com.

Random. I know.

BUT then seeing their photo triggered my memory a tad.

I used to LOVE a song by them. A slow song. A love song. But which one???

I found it. I FOUND IT!

{ "I'm Gonna Miss You" by Milli Vanilli }


Morgan sat here with me and I got this look on my face... you know, that look of nostalgia... and she got that look on HER face of "I think my mom has absolutely, completely, 100% LOST it!!"

I sang along... and was able to remember almost every single word. Morgan's face got more puzzled by the second.

I used to cry to this song.

Don't judge me. But I did.

I had boyfriends... and each time one of our relationships would end, a song like this would be played over and over and over and over again in my bedroom while I cried and cried and cried with heartbreak. (Let's just say I was a teeny weeny bit dramatic.)

Morgan, with that "look" on her face said, "Mom, I don't think we're related. You liked boys and I hate boys!"


Here's the song that brought back so many emotions. To listen, I attached my playlist. You'll have to manually press play, though. I'm nice like that.

Thank you for joining me on my Flashback Friday.

Don't be surprised if many more songs make an appearance in Flashback Friday in the future. Songs just do it for me.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

15 VERY much appreciated comments:

Kristen Moss said...

I am so glad you posted!!!

You are too cute. I LOVE IT!

Sally F said...

Oh man. LOVED that song! I was so sad when Milli Vinilli fell apart--they were so good!

So as I was typing, I was singing the song, and my husband came in and was like, "Milli Vinilli, right?! That was a GREAT song!"

Becky said...

Sigh...I loved Milli Vinilli too...even after they were busted for lipsyncing...

Margaret said...

But did you sing along or lipsync the words? Enquiring minds want to know. :)

rachel said...

Oh I sang along... LOUDLY!

And Kristen... this post was for YOU. :) Thanks for the nudge.

Emy said...

Ha ha...I can relate. I would love to have seen Morgan's face while she looked at you. That is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting your play list. Now I can listen to them too!! :) You have some great songs on it! I remember this one, and like it. But...and this will CRACK you up...the one I always sat and cried to in my room? Crazy for You by Madonna- in regard to...who else...Tory. OMW. How ridiculous!!! Funny how life changes. Thank God for unanswered prayers!!! Bev

rachel said...

Oh Bev. Tory sure gave us some good memories to look back on, didn't he?? Too funny. I listened to "Didn't We Almost Have It All" by Whitney Houston and thought of Edric...

LOL

Julee and Matt said...

You are too funny...I just had to listen to it and could sing along. The girls just laughed at me. :)

Tim and Lisa said...

WOW, memories. I too was dramatic and did the same thing. Glad to hear Morgan HATES boys!

Liz said...

Milli Vinilli . . good times good times. What more can I say?

Anonymous said...

To the greatest mom ever, Rachel:

I remember when you cried and were sooooo dramatic! I loved you anyway:)

Sandi

Anonymous said...

found your blog through tammy peaslee. it's fabulous! you are fabulous!! still so sweet and kind as i remember. was so focused in 1991/1992 on all those credits and 2-3 jobs that i didn't make time to get to know people. great to get to know you now! you obviously have many talents--cake decorating + much more. also-- beautiful family! have a great day!
--jeanie (travis) johnson

Kim said...

ha ha ha! I have to admit that I have never heard that song before, but my oh my it was a good one. A perfect break up song :)

Tonya said...

I LOVE songs like that that bring back so many funny memories. O.K., so this post made me think of the love song I would listen to over and over(and, YES, cry to after breaking up with a boyfriend). My song was "Make It Real" by The Jets. Chorus: I love You, but you didn't feel the same. Though we're apart, you're in my heart. Give me one more chance to make it real.
So funny!!!