Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Halloween Already?

Is it really that time of year already .... when the stores have Halloween decorations and trick or treating candy in the aisles? when Costco starts selling out of their kids' costumes? when Martin starts brainstorming what creative costume he can come up with this year??


So it is.

We received in our mailbox last week not one, but TWO catalogs from who knows where, selling gads and gads of costumes. So my little man (Christian, not Martin) has been studying each and every one getting ideas of his own.
Tonight, he had his "book" at the dinner table, and said to us, "You guys should be dis!" and then pointed to this:


I think not.

26 VERY much appreciated comments:

Amanda said...

I can't handle Halloween in August. Although - I do like candy corn pumpkins!

Kirsten said...

That is soooooooooooooooooo funny rachel, what a crack up.

Jenn said...

WOW! that is QUITE the costume!

Dani said...

Oh that is hilarious! Christian is such a cutie pie! He looked so handsome in his sports jacket yesterday at church :)

Kristen Moss said...

hahahaha!!!!!!

Margaret said...

LOL. Why not?! That's a fun idea especially if you act shocked when he plugs in. That is too funny.

Georgia said...

Oh I laughed. Too funny!!!!!!!

BURGANS BUNCH said...

Why not??? Just think how you would light up the dance floor when you do the electric slide...Corny, hardy har har !!! I love my Cristian Handsome! He so funny!!! (I left out the jokes about the extension cord for the sake of the kiddos!!! But boy could I go on and on!!!)

Taralyn said...

Well you and Martin are one of the only couples I can think of that could really pull it off..... HEHEHE way toooo funny!!!

Kathy said...

LOL! But I'm with you--NOOOOOO Halloween before back-to-school!

{j} said...

Oh my gosh Rachel. I really want you to be THAT! I'll show it to Shane. He'll want to be that. I asked Libby today what she wanted to be for Halloween... " a grape." I'm thinking some purple balloons and we'll be set!

Paula said...

LOLOL!!! I think we have that same catalog! And I think I pointed out to Josh how...um...special, it was! LOL!

Teresa said...

I needed a good laugh this morning, and this was it! Thank you Rachel & Christian!

Becky said...

I dare you!

Actually, I triple dog dare you!!!

Tonya said...

I think you should go for it. That would be so hilarious! It would definitely start some interesting conversation:0)

Melissa Price said...

Toooo funny, love that boy.

Emy said...

Yow!

Radke said...

That is too funny:)

Anonymous said...

TOO funny. ha~

Kelly A.

Steve said...

I think you should do it. But make Martin the outlet and you be the plug. It's more funny that way.

Stephanie said...

Too funny...
Martin does do awesome costumes.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! That is so funny. I was watching robots or something with friends and there was something like this. It clicked in one of the girls head and she could not stop laughing.

Kim said...

that is so wrong...you keep that kind of stuff out where the kiddos can see it :) ha ha , just kidding. It would make a statment though. Too funny

The Wi Family said...

HILARIOUS!!!!

lauri said...

I will PAY you to wear that (at the CHURCH) for "trunk or treat"! I will pay money AND all the candy my kids collect trick or treating!

rachel said...

lauri, not even kidding you, that is one tempting offer. i will have to think on that one. :)