I can't get over how fast the summer flew by. Wasn't it just yesterday school got out and we started swimming lessons, prepared for Girls Camp, had Morgan's end-of-the-school year party??
Today I sent Morgan off to 5th grade. She kept saying, "Today is my last 1st day of school in elementary school." And so it is. She's growing up so quickly and reminds me every chance she gets. At least she let me walk her in and get settled at her desk.
Today I sent Morgan off to 5th grade. She kept saying, "Today is my last 1st day of school in elementary school." And so it is. She's growing up so quickly and reminds me every chance she gets. At least she let me walk her in and get settled at her desk.
Morgan's fortunate to have Mr. Mackenzie this year. Olivia had him as her 5th grade teacher two years ago, so we know him, are comfortable with him, and love his teaching style.
It's going to be a great year for Mo!


Olivia had a late start since she's a big 7th grader now, so her friend, Christa came over and they "got ready" together. So cute. They walked to McDonald's for lunch where I later picked them up to take them to school with camera in hand. However, as we drive into the parking lot, I was instructed to just drop them off. :(


Olivia had a late start since she's a big 7th grader now, so her friend, Christa came over and they "got ready" together. So cute. They walked to McDonald's for lunch where I later picked them up to take them to school with camera in hand. However, as we drive into the parking lot, I was instructed to just drop them off. :(
What? You don't want me to walk you in, hold your hand, take your picture in front of your locker??? Where did my little girl go?
So... being the "cool mom" I am (or pretend to be) I obliged. But I managed to sneak in a couple pics of Liv with her buddy. Then off she went, skinny jeans and all.












19 VERY much appreciated comments:
ok, I feel better. Allyssa is at a new elem school this year and does not have to wear uniforms. And she too went off to school in her skinny jeans. Am I the only one how thinks they are UGLY?
Such CUTE CUTE CUTE girls you have!!!! and I have to agree - SOOOOOOOO don't like the Skinny jeans... (could it be because I'm not Skinny)??? LOL :)
I think Morgan and I would get along. The "last first day..." comment is exactly something that I would say. I hope they had a great start to the school year!
i hate to be the one to tell you this, but you are like totally the mom of a skinny-jean-wearing teenager. SO cute. YOu are SUCH a cool mom.
Oh my sweet friends. They are so gorgeous. I just got teary looking at them off to 5th and 7th. Love you guys!
You are a COOL MOM (in my opinion, for all its worth!) but I think its cute that you said "or that you pretend to be"! lol! Your kids are lucky to have such a nice, COOL mom :)
Morgan and Olivia are SOOOO gorgeous!!!!! I'm jelious! Lol, I also had my first day of school today. It wasn't the greatest though. I am also in 7th grade.
I'm on board with not liking the skinny jeans...but probably because they look HORRIBLE on me and cute on skinny girls!! LOL! YAY for first day of school!
So cute, yikes skinny jeans we should go through your pics I bet we could find one of you looking just like Liv. That makes me sad that you didn't get to walk her in, are my kids going to do that to me.
The time just goes faster and faster. You have great girls. Hope they have good school years. That whole middle school thing can be a real challenge!
The girls look great! Can't believe how big they are getting. Hope thier first day was great and the coming year is even better!
These pictures are so fun! I am glad to see them.
I can't believe little Liv and Mo are so big now.
Seriously, who looks good in skinny jeans??? The 80's should NEVER come back! Your girls are so pretty. I can't believe that Olivia is in middle school. I remember being at her first birthday. :)
So cute. They are beautiful girls.
Ok I thought this was funny because Ryker got "skinny jeans" too, BUT, they are still baggie on my skinny little man!Unfortunatley, I do not have the same problem! ;o(
Oh my, look at these beauties! Their clothes remind me of the good old 80s.
What beautiful girls they are!
Your daughter(s) is/are adorable but I can totally see the resemblence of Liv in you.
Love the name Mo- my sister is Maureen and we called her Mo too until she turned 30 and said no mo' (ha!).
What is with the skinny jeans and 80's look? (that your daughter so adorably pulls off) I see kids walking around and feel like I'm having total flashbacks in an 80's movie...what's next?! My prediction is Hammer pants.
I have a middle schooler this year and it is so WEIRD! I even caved and got her skinny jeans too. I really think they're ugly, but they are growing on me. Not that I could pull them on over my hiney, but that's another story:0) Your girls are beautiful!
Post a Comment