Pages

Friday, November 6, 2009

Up, Up, and Away!

This year for Halloween, Martin went all out (again) and dressed himself and Christian up as characters from Disney's movie "UP", Carl and Russell. What a great movie! I think I cried over half the movie making it one of my top Disney movies to date.

Photobucket
How cute are my boys?? I couldn't look at Martin without giggling, though.

Photobucket

Our very own Wilderness Explorer:

Photobucket

Character Meet-N-Greet at Disneyworld AND at your local Trunk-or-Treat!

Photobucket

Martin had plenty of balloons to hand out to the kiddos rather than candy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The best part of the night was listening to Christian run around, clanging everywhere he went:


Photobucket

Delaney was a cute little penguin waddling the waddle:

Photobucket

Olivia used my Senior Prom dress and strutted her stuff as an "80s girl".
Note: my prom was 1991!

Photobucket

Officer Morgan as the Fashion Police:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

...and because I have to, (I have orders from the Powers that Be) here I am as Gemma Doyle from A Great and Terrible Beauty.

(ok ok I confess. I've had the wig and dress for a couple years now. I just stuck the name on this year!)

Photobucket

20 VERY much appreciated comments:

Lakes are Great said...

gotta love gemma doyle

Kristen Moss said...

WOW, I love that you guys go all out for haloween. martin did a fantastic job. I love that you had baloons and all. SO great.

That dress that olivia wore is fabulous. I LOVE it and I seriously want one.

Tim and Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing. Amazing how Martin goes out with costumes. Everyone looked great!

Anonymous said...

You guys look awesome! What a fun Halloween. And I'm loving your prom dress. I'm pretty sure I had one very similar. :)

Becky said...

What a fun family you guys are!

Love ya!!!

Paula said...

Oh my gosh! I wish I had gotten to see Christian and Martin!! So awesome!!! And of course all you ladies look just GORGEOUS!!!!

Amber G. said...

I love Up! I almost didn't recognize Olivia, haha.

Jodi said...

AWESOME!!! The UP costumes are FANTASTIC...balloons, house and all :)
The girls look SO grown up in their costumes!
And you, my dear, make a fabulous red head ;)

Jen said...

Those are the greatest costumes ever! I love your Up boys! That was such a great idea! And a great execution too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my... does anyone realize the detail on the "UP" costumes...from scratch...no commercial bought stuff...all the scout badges I had to swipe from olden days and borrowed olden suits that can be pulled up too high from the olden dad...Martin makes MAGIC! And then to put all those beautiful young ladies in the scene - hard to compete!

Anonymous said...

Rachel, thank you sooooo much for the pictures that I missed while in my sick bed:)

Kirsten said...

HOLY COW, once again Martin out did himself again. I love Gemma Doyle, love love love those books.
The girls costumes are great.

Love you!!!!

Emy said...

I'm going to have to read those books!

Tonya said...

Awesome costumes!!! Martin and Christian crack me up. I love that they handed out balloons. And I'm sure the kids LOVED that:0)

Laurel said...

um....
i just fell in love with your husband.

I know that's awkward...but there it is.

(i can't stand how cute...ADORABLE...PERFECTION...you two "boys" are. LOVE IT)

SusieQ said...

You guys are SO creative! Love the costumes!

Infarrantly Creative said...

OMG I love it. You guys take halloween seriously. Adorable...each and every one. Gorgeous prom dress by the way (cough cough!)

Kim said...

I love, love, love, your boys costumes! I am so sorry that I missed seeing them at the ward party. My husband told me that their costumes were great, but I had no idea how great! I love your little penguin too-so cute!

Infarrantly Creative said...

Grace..grace...I will give to you. Wink! What is your address...please email me at tnbfarrant@yahoo.com

Radke said...

Your family always has the greatest costumes!