It's been one of those seasons. I just couldn't get my act together and get a Christmas card made for several reasons.
- I wanted/NEEDED family pictures taken... but didn't want to schedule a session until I had our outfits chosen and our hairs all cut.
- I liked the idea of less stress. My Christmas card list is long. When I say long, I mean LOOONG. Over 100... and it's quite the project. I love, though, that when I send a card, I know, for the most part, I'll be getting one in return to hang on my wall of fame. I fear, though, because I didn't send them out this year, that I may be taken off your list and I beg beg beg of you to please give me a second chance next year. I promise to try harder.
- Time just simply ran out. End of story.
So in lieu of the { H } family Christmas card this year, I am opting instead to post this touching video in hopes of shining some Christmas spirit into the lives of my friends this wonderful season.
It's our first Christmas without Grandma... I won't be making my phone call to her Christmas Day and hearing her sweet voice... or having her beat me to the punch and hearing her cheery voice on the other end of the phone "Merry Christmas Rachel! I love you!"...
The girls at church spent the evening Tuesday caroling in a retired living center, one similar to my gram's. As we stood there singing, I was overwhelmed with memories of her... she and I used to belt out Christmas songs together in her living room when I was young. Sitting in the audience Tuesday night were little old ladies clapping and singing along and I couldn't help but be reminded of my gram. She was there. She was singing right along with me.
This holiday season, more than any before, I KNOW that there is a divine plan for each of us and that Christ lives. I KNOW that I will someday be reunited with my dear Gram.
Keep Christ in Christmas and have a very merry from me to you...










6 VERY much appreciated comments:
Beautiful. Merry Christmas, love you guys!
The first Christmas (and those that follow) can be very hard when the ones you loved are no longer with us. Losing my dad so close to Christmas is always very hard. I don't even remember the first one. Knowing that they are with us and only want us to be happy is very comforting. It's still ok to make that call to her, even if only imaginary. I tell my dad happy birthday and merry christmas and I know that he is right there giving me a big hug even if I can't feel it. Your grandma will be with you tomorrow giving you a big hug too. Merry Christmas to you, and don't worry, you will always be on my card list! I did miss your family letter though - you too Becky!
I can so relate! We just got home from a candlelight Christmas Eve service (which we used to always to to every year w/ my grandma at her church). This is our first Christmas Eve w/out her, and I couldn't help but sing with tears as we closed in candlelight singing "Silent Night", Grandjo's favorite. Bittersweet, for sure, but joyful, knowing our goodbye was not forever. Have a blessed Christmas, Rachel!!
Merry Christmas, my dear friend!
Awwww, we love you no matter what. Less stress is what I needed this year, too, so for the first time in a long time I did NO holiday baking. And it was O.K.! What a sweet little tribute to your Grandma. She is smiling down on you for sure. Happy holidays, Rachel :0)
For the cabins:
Do a GOOGLE for The Cove Palisades State Park at Lake Billy Chinook.
From there click on cabins/yurts.
There ya go. It would be a TIGHT squeeze for your family...just as it was for ours, but it was oh so fun and oh so cheap:0)
Love,
Tonya
Post a Comment