A good friend of mine called me at noon Saturday and invited me to our local high school's Bingo night. Little did she know how desperately I needed a night out with the girls!
At this Bingo, we play a total of 14 games. Most games are worth $25, some are worth $50, and two are worth $100. Our table wasn't doing so hot all evening long. In fact, we weren't even warm. No wins. No bingos. Nothin. We came close several times, but in the game of Bingo, close doesn't cut it.
As we played the final game - Blackout! - I said to my girlfriends, "You know. Even if I walk out of here not winning a thing, I had FUN!" And that's what it's all about, right???
Well guess who won the final game of the night worth a whopping $100???? YEP! You got it. Little ol' me! Our table pretty much screamed when I won. We have no shame.
What am I planning on doing with this money, you ask?? I'm thinking of buying a cute set of crib bedding for the baby. How exciting does that sound??
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Bingo Bango Bongo Baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










9 VERY much appreciated comments:
*woohoo* CONGRATS! That's so exciting! Did you do a little dance?
I love going to those fundraiser bingos that come around maybe once a year-there's always so much laughter and excitement from everybody-way to go on actually being able to yell *B-I-N-G-O*
You are so cute!
I can just picture it! I would totally be getting something for the baby also! And bedding is SO fun to pick. Congrats!
congratulations Rachel! Sounds like so much fun. And buying bedding will be fun too. I just bought some for our new little one and it was fun looking at all the cute patterns. Good luck:)
I think buy a cute crib set is the BEST way to spend that money!!! :-) YAY for winning! Love you!
You rock! And I'm totally not surprised that you won :)
My kids just had their bingo night at school and they begged me to go. I said no. Maybe I should have gone, who knows I could have won it big like you. Congrats.
Sounds like you had a fun night!!!!!!
Post a Comment